The IT Ops/Infrastructure group is seeking a Senior AWS Cloud Engineer will be responsible for leading the development of Cloud enablement and Infrastructure modernization opportunities for multiple business areas within our Hosting Environment. This position will report directly to the Director of DevOps.
The AWS Cloud Engineer is an exciting role for an experienced systems guru that has one foot planted in Security in the Cloud and the other in DevOps Automation. This role will wear multiple hats, working closely with the developers to design and buildout DevOps Automation, while working with the Sr. Systems Administrator to maintain our Cloud infrastructure. This is a fast paced, exciting role, and well suited for someone looking to get their hands dirty in a lot of different areas.
• Strong understanding of the AWS Services more specifically with respect to Networking, Compute, storage, Databases and Security (VPC, EC2, S3, RDS, etc.)
• Strong Experience with Infrastructure as Code using tools such as CloudFormation or Terraform
• Experience using AWS CLI for managing AWS services and for automating various tasks
• Experience implementing and designing High availability and disaster recovery solutions in AWS
• Strong understanding of various RDS platforms (MySQL, Postgres, Aurora, SQL server) and how to use cloud formation and AWS CLI for deploying, managing and automating these database environments.
• Strong understanding of the various database platforms running on EC2 and how to use cloud formation and AWS CLI for deploying, managing and automating these database environments.
• Strong knowledge on the principles of well architected framework and how they specifically apply to the customers AWS database environments
• Expertise in Windows and Linux OS and its fundamentals
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must.
• Minimum of 5 years as a DevOps/Sys Engineer (or similar position) in a production capacity
• Strong understanding and knowledge of Linux, Automation Tools (Ansible or Chef), AWS Services (EC2, Network, ELB, S3/EBS, etc.) or similar Public Cloud platform, and scripting languages (Python, Ruby, Perl, PowerShell or other).
• Operational knowledge of SQL & NoSQL databases
• A track record of delivering IT and application automation using these automation tools.
• Experience with configuring and deploying to Java platforms such as WebSphere, JBoss, Tomcat
• A willingness to be flexible in responding to customer issues as they occur, and the ability to identify product/deployment improvements to mitigate future occurrences.
• Experience with cloud hosted apps/service, AWS experience required, and able to translate business requirements into securely implemented capabilities in the Cloud
• Familiarity with version control systems (Git, SVN etc.), including branching and merging strategies, and integrating VCS to achieve Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
• Knowledge of automation platforms such as Jenkins, Concourse